How do we work?
The SRF is not a formal organisation, nor does it have powers to direct its members. At the highest level, the SRF provides a mechanism for Chief Officers of responder agencies to agree on the coordination, information sharing and cooperation of individual areas so that a subsequent multi-agency response and recovery is:
- Risk based.
- Embedded within individual area Business/Service Plans.
- Allocated appropriate and trained resources.
- Exercised at appropriate levels and frequency.
- Validated from an internal and external perspective.
- Flexible to respond to changing environments or emergency situations.
- Cost effective and community focused.
Detailed partnership work is undertaken via the regular fortnightly working days, ‘Working on Wednesdays’ (WOW), by all local responders and through a limited number of Working Groups. In any year changes to priorities for work are consensually agreed by the SRF.