Priority Registration Services
All utility companies run a free priority registration scheme to help anyone who is reliant on a utility or may need additional support if the supply of utilities fails during an emergency. You may be eligible to register for the scheme if you:
- Need to be supported in a particular way
- Are disabled, including having a hearing or visual impairment
- Would struggle to maintain your wellbeing if you lost your energy supply for any amount of time
- Are of pensionable age
- Have children under the age of five living with you
- Are chronically ill or have a long-term medical condition
Priority registration does not mean that you will get your utilities back sooner than anyone else if there is an outage, but it will ensure that you get additional support whilst they are off.
To register for these schemes please see the links below:
UK Power Networks provides electricity in Suffolk. You can find details about registering as a Priority User (external website) with them to receive extra support if your household may need power more urgently than others.
Both water companies supplying Suffolk have a priority service to help customers who require extra help. Further information is available on Essex and Suffolk Water’s Priority Services or Anglian Water’s Priority Service.
Cadent Priority Registration Service is available for those who may need additional support in the event of disruption to their gas supply.