Health, according to the World Health Organization, is “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity”. A variety of definitions have been used for different purposes over time.
You can reduce the risks by observing good basic hygiene:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Dispose of dirty tissues promptly and carefully – bag and bin them.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitiser.
- Clean hard surfaces such as worktops, door handles and handrails frequently.
- Make sure you and your family are up to date with recommended vaccinations.
If you’re worried about infectious disease:
- Contact your GP, or
- Contact the NHS by dialling 111, or
- Visit the NHS website at www.nhs.uk.
- Visit the UK Health Security webpages on the gov.uk website.